Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
2CJ33EA#ABV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I BOUGHT OMEN by HP - 15-ce001ne. and when i played it has temperature large than 80 degree celucis and some times reachs 90

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi 01018709892 !

All of these information can be obtained from Task Manager:

What is the model of your processor?

Could you tell me what is the CPU usage on idle?

What is the average clock speed?

Is there any thread of your CPU being saturated (100% usage)?

To view usage per-thread, right click on the usage graph -> Change graph to -> Logical processors

clipboard_image_0.png

HP Recommended

The omen laptops have bad fan curves which make them overheat(especially the 15 inch laptops)

along with that the omen command center does not  allow us to tweak anything significant about the laptop 

alot of your problems could be solved if you could max out the fans while you were gaming 

Hp added this feature but only for the new 2019 laptops 

if you want this feature added to your laptop please voice your opinion below 

we paid alot for our laptops and should decide how they run and we should get software support 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Fan-control-and-command-center/m-p/7199043#M20132

HP Recommended

Screenshot (968).png

HP Recommended

I'd say that 80-90 is an acceptable value under heavy load on a gaming computer of this class, and your Tjunction is set at 100 degrees celsius. It could be cooler with a tweaked fan programming, and an even high-quality repaste, undervolting and turbo multiplier capping, but you can rest assure that this temperature range is perfectly safe. The problem starts when your're reaching 95-97 at most times, that's when CPU throttling starts.

HP Recommended

I think you should re phrase your comment 

80-90° c is FUNCTIONAL not safe 

With prolonged use (even on and off) the cup and GPU will degrade and will not last as long as they should 

Ideally on full load you should be sitting between 60-70 but most laptops can't really do that 

I'd suggest not running your laptop above the 85°c mark while gaming 

It can cause a lot of longterm issues (trust me I know )

HP Recommended

ok i see u r right>>> 

but how i can fix it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.