01-20-2020 01:31 AM
my touchpad error
when i go to additioanal setting
"unable to connect to the synaptics pointing driver"
but when i see to the device manager there is "elan driver" which is is 2 different driver
my right click funtion is left click
and the touchpad does'nt respond at all
01-22-2020 04:13 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Touchpad device from device manager.
- Right-click on the Start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".
- Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices".
- Right-click on the "elan driver".
- Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
- Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee