Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
7QA97EA#ACB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody, first of all, i want to inform, that i got in touch with Samsung On-line support service; Microsoft (took 6 hours of digging the logs) and Nvidia (current is still on-going, due to no answers or solutions)

Ok, here is the Story, i own a gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX2060, tech specs and Win10Pro says it CAN stream in HDR..., OK > when i connect my Samsung UE55MU6100 TV through HDMI 2.0 cable, my Laptop can use the TV in 4K 60hz, in order to switch on HDR UHD in Samsung TV's one has to go and Manually set in the TV's System Menu that one of the selected ports may receive UHD, after i do that, I do become switch in the image and in the TV's menu a possibility to adjust the Depth of Black, so it Does works, BUT!!!! in 1080p SDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT 4K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where IS HDR streaming i paid for buying this VERY VERY expensive gaming Laptop?!  I am getting 8 bit RGB....Instead of 10 bit HDR x265?!?!?! it does only DUPLICATES the image in fullHD from my Laptop's internal display Dropping TV's capacities to fullHD..., that is why i contacted Microsoft and Samsung first, thinking it was a driver problem > well it is the Problem by Nvidia RTX which will lead to legal litigations if necessary, but i Will get my refund, this PC is not worth it's money if it can not Provide HDR streaming

thing is, that i mostly feel frustrated of - is that my D-Link Network Drive 250 usd worth can play those files in HDR on my TV, and i can not, not talking about Gaming...., Gaming Laptop, which failed - Seriously. I WANT REFUND!!!!! I do not Want SUCH PC, which is not working according to it's Tech Specs.

Dispaysetting_WinHDcaracteristicasfor_TV.png!SamsungTv_in_4K_set_as_display.pngSamsungTV_after_switching_UHD_on_HDMIport_from_the_TV_menu.pngthats_how_TV_identifies_UHD_signal_sent_by_Nvidia.jpegHDR_playback_proof.jpeg

wwefdwsfsdfsdfHDRfile_location_on_DLink_networkHDD_SMB1protocol!!!.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@YTK1 

You misunderstand our role here in the forum.  We have no interface with HP Sales and we have no authority to issue any kind of refund or return authorization.  For these, you have to contact HP directly and work the issue yourself.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@YTK1 

You misunderstand our role here in the forum.  We have no interface with HP Sales and we have no authority to issue any kind of refund or return authorization.  For these, you have to contact HP directly and work the issue yourself.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello, yes, i will introduce it as "warranty case".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.