Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion g602305tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when i insert any disk windows says pls insert disk and then automatically ejects the tray.

dvd-writer gets power but does not reads any disk.hp pavilion g6 2305tx-should i need to replace the drive or it is mother board problem?

where can I buy original hp spare parts in bangladesh?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

use the uefi HP PC Hardware Diagnostics utility to test the optical drive. My product loan HP Omen 15 has version 5.7.2.0 installed. You may need to download and update your HP PC Hardware Diagnostics version to have one that will test the optical drive. www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCDiags

Press the power button and then tap the Esc key to enter the startup menu. Now press the F2 key to enter the diagnostics. Click on component tests and then click on Optical drive. If the test reports the drive as failing you will know it is time to replace it.

Do a web search on Google or Bing with "hp pavilion g6-2305tx replacement optical drive" as the keywords to find an online vendor.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

use the uefi HP PC Hardware Diagnostics utility to test the optical drive. My product loan HP Omen 15 has version 5.7.2.0 installed. You may need to download and update your HP PC Hardware Diagnostics version to have one that will test the optical drive. www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCDiags

Press the power button and then tap the Esc key to enter the startup menu. Now press the F2 key to enter the diagnostics. Click on component tests and then click on Optical drive. If the test reports the drive as failing you will know it is time to replace it.

Do a web search on Google or Bing with "hp pavilion g6-2305tx replacement optical drive" as the keywords to find an online vendor.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.