Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 17 cb0800nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello there
i had a quick question about my leptop its cpu (i7 9750H) after just a few minutes of high load it will easlily reach 100 degrees and stay there due to thermal throtteling until it goes back to idle wich is around 60-70 degrees

so my question is is this normal or should i send it for repairs (it still has warranty)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@The_Mighty_Cat 

More details would really help us understand better.

How long have you had it, is it brand new and been doing this out of the box? Or did this issue only recently occur after an update?

What is the high load you are putting on it?

I assume you aren't running the laptop on top of your bed or similar so the vents get blocked by covers or such?

You can run the Task Manager during this time and monitor the processes during the load to see if something is eating CPU and causing the overheating. CTRL/ALT/DEL will open the task manager. Highlight the CPU column so it shows highest to lowest percentages.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply howevervi have already contacted hp support and its getting shipped back for repairs

1. Ive had it for about a year now and i think its been doing this since i got it but not sure

2. Games and benchmarks

3. Only on tables

4. On all core benchmark avg load was about 70%-90% however due to the throtteling it downclocked to about 1.5ghz

HP Recommended

OK thanks for the heads up. Let us know what happens if you would please.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.