Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-30-2021 01:37 PM - edited 01-03-2022 09:23 AM
Product: hp omen laptop 15 dc100nx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am experiencing sudden fps drops in games. The frames are ok for the first minute or so but then they suddenly drop and and stay low (this never happened before for these games). They aren't momentary or random drops in fps; it is just a constant lower fps rendering gaming nearly impossible. This happened overnight for reasons unknown. The laptop is always plugged in, and I've just updated my nVidia drivers and bios . Nothing is different than what it was a few days ago when my games were running smoothly.
RTX 2070 with Max-Q (Games Sekiro, Overwatch and others)
Any help is appreciated, thank you
2 REPLIES 2
01-04-2022 01:42 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue. Change the video display settings to match the minimum display requirements for the game.
- Right-click an open space of the Windows desktop (not on an icon), and then click Display settings.
- Change the resolution to match the game’s recommended display settings. Recommended display settings can be found using an online search.
- Click OK to accept the change.
- If prompted, accept the new settings. The display reverts to the prior settings if the changes are not accepted.
- If prompted, select the option to restart the computer, and then try playing the game again.
For more information on how to display settings that can affect performance, go to Improving Video Game Performance or FPS (Windows 10).
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community