Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15 i7 9750h nvidia geforce 1660ti, 16 ram,
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ill talk here only with the truth of what ive tried, what ive found on internet by thousands and thousands of users arround the world and the answeres are still being obvious but NOT ANSWERED correctly by omen nor HP TEAM.. 

what ive found is that all the omen laptops including laptops with the minimum capacity nvidia geforce to the max, their THERMAL COMPONENTS DESIGN are NOT well made for the processors they use, in my case, i have a hp omen 15 i7 i9750h with 4.5ghz turbo boost and it seems turbo boost is a myth here since no one,,, i mean.. NO ONE cant use it well cuz when gaming, (OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A GAMIN LAPTOP SO WE WILL TRY TURBO BOOST TO PLAY ) no one cant use turbo boost cuz their omen laptops will burn out, reaching temperatures like 92+ CELCIUS.. yes .. im talking about celcius not F...

ive read SO MANY people complaining to HEWLETT PACKARD to this issue and HP only says.. update your BIOS.. USELESS...

update ur device manager.. useless.. update ur nvidia geforce driver. come on guys we are not stup..... we know whats going on here.. OMEN LAPTOPS CAN NOT GO FURTHER THAN 3.4GHZ WHILE GAMING.. and THATS THE TRUTH.. if u go above that,, you will experience more than 85 CELCIUS while gaming and obviously plugged to energy... 

the only fix i found is to download THROTTLE STOP.. AND LIMIT PROCESSOR TO 3.4GHZ , And decrease power limit max and short power to 26 both of them, it seems 3.5ghz and above that , the processor generates so much energy than the thermal design of the laptop nor the fans, cant take all that heat away, so the cpu still generate so much heat and that accumulates into the laptop then u will get a microwave inside ur laptop reaching temps like i mentioned before.. 92 C+

theres actually NO ANSWER by HP TEAM NOR OMEN TEAM solving this accurately, it seems they know why but they dont want to tell people they made a huge mistake with all omen series.. ive found this issue in absolutely all omen series comments with issues like that even from laptops with 1050 gtx, 1660 ti, to 2070 rtx omen laptops..

so whats the point here,, nvidia are making good hardware capable of takin away all the heat the fastest and effiently possible, but intel nor laptop creators  like hp and omen are doing something to handle this,, so the gpu wont ever get same hot as cpu, but cpu will explode while gaming at max core cpu, so what people is doing is decreasing processor speed to solve this???? omg.. why we would ever buy a pc knowin that we wont ever use its max? i mean what a waste of money.. whoever is reading this.. please, do some research before commenting or tellin im fakin this..

i want real answers and arguments justifyin what ive said ..

and i can easily demostrate to everyone even hp and omen team what ive said is right.

3.4-3,5 ghz of 4.5 are used to play safely in this laptops, whats going on? so whats the point of gettin an i9 on a laptop??? whats the point of selling laptop pcs with 5.0ghz? omg, what a joke.. nor windows update, nor update on bios, nor setting correcly power performance settings, nothing but throttlestop and doing what i said is the solution to all of this, sub-ussing a processor cuz laptops cant handle it omg,

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@ChepoRestrepo I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - I recently bought a 2080 super Omen 17 and can attest to the same issues, namely TEMPERATURES!! One way of getting around the issue is to turn off processor turbo boost in Windows power settings - but I paid for a fast processor and want the power - otherwise I may as well have bought an i5 🙂

The other way of bringing the 100 degrees temps down and under control is to under volt the CPU which doesn't really cause the power to be limited, just the voltage. BUT what have I found... the new BIOS in the new 2020 OMEN 17 stops undervolting so I can do nothing - goodbye HP omen ... I love the machine and the price is right, but those TEMPS those TEMPS....

Rich

HP Recommended

@Richardgee1 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i know what you feel, same feelings here, i love the machine, the esthetics, color, keyboardbacklight, processor is amazingly fast, but when gaming that will go straight to the junk, no matters if its a 1660 ti, 2060, 2070 or 2080 rtx, the thing is that thermal design cant handle processor heat nor speed, i HIGHLY recommend NOT to update your bios, only keep going with ur windows update and thats it, limit ur processor speed to 3.4 GHZ, set SHORT and LONG power max to 24-25 aprox and undervolt ur pc with aprox -145 mvs, thats it, nothing else i could do to get a balance of performance vs heat. its very frustrating and i hope theres a solution here cuz i traveled to USA 5 months ago ONLY to buy this pc.  thnks for ur post and i hope more comunity members can find a solution here too

HP Recommended

@ChepoRestrepo

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Already given to the first reply of support agent sir, anyways heres the product number : 6TK84UA#ABA

hp omen laptop 15 -dcxxx

HP Recommended

@ChepoRestrepo

Please update the chipset and Graphics drivers. Also, update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Please update the windows update as well.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

i dont want to repeat what i just said above.. nor bios update nor anything works for that man,, if its possible read what ive just posted above.. only throttle stop and limiting turbo boost speed to 3.4ghz works and,, not that much.. bios is NOT gonna solve this, btw i updated bios 4 days ago and my screen started to freeze like every 2-3 seconds, so whats the point?  how can i update bios without gettin my screen frozen every 3 seconds

HP Recommended

@ChepoRestrepo

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.