Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-cb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have HP Omen 17-cb0xxx with Intel Core i7 9750 and GTX 1660ti. I have all drivers installed, everything works. However I noticed louder fan noise and it is because the "Controls the DTS audio processing object." task is constantly eating up around 15% of CPU usage (see screenshot). I tracked down the process and it is from DtsApo4Service.exe in System 32 -> DTS -> PC -> APO4x folder. 

DTS.jpg

When I kill the process, the DTS audio option in Omen Audio Control disappears. 

What to do? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @javak810i

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

Also, try a BIOS update -  HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @javak810i

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

Also, try a BIOS update -  HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this EXACT same problem on the same hp omen 17 cb0 but mines the 9900 with 2080

laptop will be sitting there idle and i'll notice the fans are cooling louder than usual, check and "controls dts......" is using around 20% cpu. The system is idle, this is clearly a bug?

HP Recommended

@Gabbatek,

Have you followed the steps suggested in the thread?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes to all. This is a software bug on your end, i've just experienced it again and its running my laptop very hot.

HP Recommended

I can actually replicate it

start laptop

open omen audio control panel 

select output

with laptop internal speakers connected select music, movie or voice.

The second i selected output DtsApo4Service.exe started running at 13% cpu usage while doing absolutely nothing. 13% with a i9-9900 making it turboboost to 4.1ghz. 

Now going to disable it under services until its patched. 

Edit. Stupidly, as this bug is related to the omen audio control center i uninstalled it. BIG MISTAKE. 

although it fixed the bug, i am now unable to reinstall the app via the realtek drivers provided on this website due to the latest microsoft update causing a conflict with the latest realtek drivers. 

HP Recommended

@Gabbatek,

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer and the Windows version you are using on the computer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

6ZJ37EA#ABU

Windows 10 home 1909

HP Recommended

@Gabbatek,

I recommend you download and install the HP audio switch software update from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96765.exe

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done this already.

Here is a video with the bug, i recorded just now. Everything is upto date, i mean everything!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.