Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-12-2022 12:08 AM
recently there's been a constant crackling/stuttering sound whenever audio plays through my laptop (i.e. watching a youtube video, listening to music, watching a stream, etc) i've looked online and tried just about everything but nothing's worked and i have no idea how to fix it, this hasn't been a problem until just about a week or two ago and it's really starting to get on my nerves since it happens very frequently whenever audio's playing. it also happens whether audio's playing through my headphones or the laptop's speakers
11-07-2022 04:18 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting audio issues on the notebook, I am glad to assist you.
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community