Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

its been a week since i bought this HP OMEN 15-dc0xxx and the problem has already happened 2 times

i've tried some solution found on internet that require you to press ctrl+windows key+shift+B to restart video driver and suddenly i can see something on the screen but faint, i tried to increase brightness, repeatedly press ctrl+p, sleep and then wake it up again, nothing helps, i can see that the laptop is responding, i can see the windows start window (i guess thats the name?) when i press windows key but not enough to see any texts, cant even see the pointer.

but strangely after a few minutes it suddenly turned on for unknown reason.

my nvidia driver and windows 10 are all up to date by the way

edit: now 3 times

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@steeltrap64,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue. 

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@steeltrap64,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the display doesn’t turn on after waking up the computer from sleep.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.

Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.

From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.

Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.

From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.

Click on ‘Save changes’ button.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps.

Go to the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control panel’ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.

From the top-right filter, choose ‘Large icons’ and navigate to the ‘Power Options’,

Click and open the ‘Power options’.

Select the power plan according to your requirement and click on ‘Change plan settings’.

Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.

In the power options windows, click on the button ‘Restore plan defaults’.

Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks i appreciate your help, i tried to update the bios but it fix the problem, i also ran the troubleshooter and no problem found, restoring power plans back to default also didnt fix it.

anyway after i did some experiments, turns out that sleeping the computer isnt the main cause of the problem

anytime when the display turned off either by idling or sleep, when on 100% battery (which laptop cant charge battery), the screen backlight wont turn on

i need to wait the battery to go down and then charge it to turn the display on, so it is like the charger can trigger the backlight to turn on, idk why

EDIT: after i updated the windows the problem seems gone, i guess i'll wait for a couple of days to make sure the problem wont comeback, thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@steeltrap64,

Perfect! I am glad to hear that.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

weird.. it still happen sometimes after i woke it up from sleep, though now it always get turned on again (so far) after i press the power button to sleep and then press it again to wake it up.

it also less likely to happen than before, but still kinda annoying though

HP Recommended

@steeltrap64,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue. 

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.