Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1011nt/ 6QB35EA
Microsoft Windows 11

Is it possible to install ssd instead of hdd? Anyone tried it before? Can you share the link of the ssd you are using? Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@oppressive .

If you can use them, for example in the hard disk space you can place a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD as mentioned above in my first post and also have another SSD as a PCIE NVME one.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @oppressive .
In place of the hard drive you can install a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD up to 2TB, however, in the slot your computer has exclusively for an SSD you can install a PCIe, NVMe, TLC, M.2 SSD.
Crucial brand of compatible SSDs:
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-omen-15-dc1011nt#ssd
Supported SSD's:
128 GB L24339-001
256 GB L24340-001
512 GB L24341-001

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Hi Sir,

256 ssd is not enough for me right now. What is your suggestion?

HP Recommended

@oppressive .

If that capacity is not enough, then you will need to purchase a storage unit with more capacity, as you can install a unit up to 2TB.

HP Recommended

If I understand correctly, I cannot use two ssds at the same time. Is it correct? Please correct me if I am wrong.

HP Recommended

@oppressive .

If you can use them, for example in the hard disk space you can place a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD as mentioned above in my first post and also have another SSD as a PCIE NVME one.

HP Recommended

Thank a lot!

HP Recommended

He must check if he has an PCIe connector or SATA III connector. 

Wissem BAHRI
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.