Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion power laptop 15-cb052 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

name: HP Pavilion power laptop 15-cb052 TX

no: 2FK57PA#ACJ

laptop bought in january, 2018. 

this incident happened in Jan,2020.

I went to HP WORLD from where I bought my laptop to upgrade the ram of laptop to 16 GB. A few minutes the guy showed me the battery of my laptop. It was swollen (all cells). I asked him the reason , he said overcharging, keeping laptop plugged in even after the battery is charged 100%. 

If that's the case, I think half the world is carrying potential bombs as their laptops. In my view , no one plays games on their laptop on battery power because it wont last u more than 2 hours. 

Also, isn't there tech in li-ion battery that it cuts off the current when it is charged to 100%?IMG_20200202_095223.jpgIMG_20200202_095247.jpgIMG_20200202_095307.jpgIMG_20200202_095324.jpgIMG_20200202_095337.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pradeep_singh

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I will escalate your concerns to the appropriate team. We will need few information

I have sent you a private message. Please reply back with the requested information

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, and I have no idea since when it started to swell, but I have been using it for many years.

Now I would like to find a replacement for my previous SR03XL battery and I noticed that my HP DC0084TX also supports SR04XL, can you recommend whether I should get the SR04XL instead of SR03XL and where I should get it in Malaysia?

HP Recommended

@ShaunzZ

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.