Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-CE099NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening everyone
I recently purchased an Omen 15-CE099NF laptop.

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c05562113?jumpid=reg_r1002_frfr_c-001_title_r0001

I already plan to upgrade the hard drives and SSD and the DDR RAM.
Which RAM should i put in it? What is the maximum amount of RAM i can put in?

About SSD, i want to use a better NvMe SSD, how should i choose the new one, will i get some problems with the recovery utility if i upgrade SSD, like if  the recovery partition is already in the NvMe so if I choose to upgrade nvme what should i do to install windows in it ?

I also plan to upgrade the Hard Drive disk by an SSD, what are the requirements? Any 2.5" SSD is ok?

Thank you very much !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HEllo @tx123

Page 31-34 gives you the information you need.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

"Which RAM should i put in it? What is the maximum amount of RAM i can put in?"

You have one stick of 8 GB DDR4-2400 memory now. You can add another 8 GB stick for a total of 16 GB.

But you need to match the timings of the existing stick first.

A tool like Speccy or HWInfo are good tools to determine the rams current timings.

If you want to upgrade the 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, you can but I usually just leave them there and install any games to the regular hard drive to save space and money.

You would have to reinstall Windows with the Media Creation Tool ISO, or migrate the existing OS to the new drive with a tool like Macrium, Aomei, etc.

You will have to do your homework on how what ever tool you choose works.

The HP Recovery Media will not install to an upgraded NVME SSD in your case.

The 1 TB HDD can be replaced with another HDD as long as it does not exceed 9.5 MM thickness. Otherwise It wont fit the brackets. If you want a 4 TB HDD, you would have to skip the brackets and mount it with double sided foam tape.

You can also swap it for a 2.5 in sata SSD also. Brand should not matter.

Does this answer your questions? let me know.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HEllo @tx123

Page 31-34 gives you the information you need.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

"Which RAM should i put in it? What is the maximum amount of RAM i can put in?"

You have one stick of 8 GB DDR4-2400 memory now. You can add another 8 GB stick for a total of 16 GB.

But you need to match the timings of the existing stick first.

A tool like Speccy or HWInfo are good tools to determine the rams current timings.

If you want to upgrade the 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, you can but I usually just leave them there and install any games to the regular hard drive to save space and money.

You would have to reinstall Windows with the Media Creation Tool ISO, or migrate the existing OS to the new drive with a tool like Macrium, Aomei, etc.

You will have to do your homework on how what ever tool you choose works.

The HP Recovery Media will not install to an upgraded NVME SSD in your case.

The 1 TB HDD can be replaced with another HDD as long as it does not exceed 9.5 MM thickness. Otherwise It wont fit the brackets. If you want a 4 TB HDD, you would have to skip the brackets and mount it with double sided foam tape.

You can also swap it for a 2.5 in sata SSD also. Brand should not matter.

Does this answer your questions? let me know.

HP Recommended

Thank you it helps me a lot.

I will test the RAM once i'll receive the laptop, i just purchased it yesterday 😄

about SSD, some games should be installed only on SSD, I remember my last computer stoped lagging during cinematics in ME:dromeda when i upgraded to SSD cause of the constant loadings.

Or i may be wrong, maybe it felt better when i upgraded from 4 to 8GB of RAM because ME did swapping on HDD.

HP Recommended

8 GB of ram will be ok for the most part. But if more ram is available, some games will absolutely take advantage of it.

I would upgrade ram to more, considering your specs are hight already. 😉

HP Recommended

It seems i can upgrade the ram until 32GB
But i don't know if it means 32GB per stick or for the whole motherboard.
found it on an online shop.

HP Recommended

Where are you seeing that at?

HP Recommended

I know that some people reported issues with trying to install 32 GB on the 15 inch CE version laptops, that it wouldnt work.

It would be an expensive lesson if yours dont work.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Ya I think their website made a mistake.

Heres a good way to also check...

Crucial memory finder is very accurate on what it supports.

It claims 16 GB total for that series. I would stay with that.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-omen-15-(model-numbers-15-ce000-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.