Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0018ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i recently purchased this laptop and i jjust found out that the webcam keeps flickering and displaying an error with the title 'we cant find your camera' code 0xA00F4244 No cameras are attached. i have updated all drivers, reinstalled them, i did a camera reset too. Nothing seems to work.

Please help!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shopey here's a few steps to resolve the issue, start with checking for the webcam kill switch (if available on your model) and ensure its turned on,

That said, If your webcam has stopped working after installing a new update, you should uninstall the update and roll back to the older version. You will have to open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Roll Back Driver button > select Yes on the next window. After that, you need to restart your PC to check whether it is working.

If that doesn't work or there were no updates before the issue occurred, you might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.