Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
GAMING PAVILION 15-EC1010NK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi I've had this laptop for less than a week and from day one I've been hearing this clicking/ticking sound its very brief it just comes up randomly and its pretty consistent ( I never had a time where i opened and closed the laptop without hearing it) and also the sound is located on the left side of the keyboard maybe around the corner 

here's the sound:

this is recorded by resting the phone on the computer here 

and this one is recorded from slightly over the computer here 

I really wanna know if I should go to back to a center for help since I have a guarantee and to know if it is some sort of malfunctioning part in the computer since my country is known for its poor services and oblivious technicians 

thank you for your help. 

edit: it almost sounds like a mechanical keyboard click

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, but the records do not identify something
The first one, and I have a good sound system, volume at 50%, a weak click
the second I only heard something even fainter

see compared to the manual, which element is located at this location

Maintenance and Service Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

i'm so sorry for the very late response, i can't possibly tell you what part it is all i can say is that the hard drive is OK

this is where the click happens:

pc.PNG

HP Recommended

Sorry I can't tell you what matches!
It can be anything an M2 ssd disk, hdd disk, fan etc.
If it becomes more important, louder and louder, contact the after sales service

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.