Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp omen 15-ce018dx

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes.

Run the PC Health Check from Microsoft to see if you will be able to easily get updates.

https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

Enter the BIOS and make certain that the TPM status is switched from hidden to show. That will be the ticket to installing Windows 11 with full compatibility and updates from Microsoft

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @Bulit 

Your notebook's i7-7700HQ processor is not supported for W11.

It is not on the list of supported Intel processors for W11...

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

Intel core processors need to be 8th generation or newer.

Your notebook's service manual indicates that there are no motherboards that come with 8th gen core processors you can upgrade to, not that I would have recommended you do that anyway.

NB_MSG_Pirates_1_0_931980-001 (manualslib.com)

You can install W11 on your PC as is, but you have to use a workaround to bypass the W11 hardware checks.

I found that the method I provided in the discussion below is the easiest way to do that if you are interested.

Solved: Upgrade CPU Intel 7 to intel 8 - HP Support Community - 8300175

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.