Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, more problems again with desk top all in one, after switching on the pc, I get a blue/green patterned screen, if I switch off and switch back on I get my windows screen, if I type in my access screen name I get revolving loading icon, then a black screen, I can only exit by Ctrl, Alt Del.

Thanks for any response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gwyn6

Thank you for posting back. 

You can change specific settings in any of the power plans. To change power plan settings, complete the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Power Options.

2. In the Choose or customize a power plan window, click Change plan settings next to the plan you want to change.

Figure : Changing plan settings

Change plan settings highlighted
  3. On the Change settings for the plan window, choose the display and sleep settings you want to use.

4. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Figure : Changing the display and sleep settings

Display and sleep settings with Change advanced power settings highlighted
  5. On the Advanced settings tab, expand the category you want to customize, expand each setting you want to change, then choose the values you want to use.

Figure : Changing the advanced power settings

The advanced power settings window
  6. When done, click OK, then click Save changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Gwyn6

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Step 1: Remove discs and devices
  • Step 2: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 3: Run hardware diagnostic tests
  • Step 4: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi i did the hard reset. the screen was still locked into a green pattern, i had no alternative than to take my PC to a repair shop, diagnostics came back with no hardware problems, windows was reinstalled at a cost to me.

I can now access my pc , but if i leave the pc unattended, stop using it for a short time the screen turns green, and I have to switch it off on the button at the rear...The pc is barely out of warranty, and I've had problems with it for months.

Thanks,, Gwyn

HP Recommended

@Gwyn6

You can change specific settings in any of the power plans. To change power plan settings, complete the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Power Options.

2. In the Choose or customize a power plan window, click Change plan settings next to the plan you want to change.

Figure : Changing plan settings

Change plan settings highlighted
  3. On the Change settings for the plan window, choose the display and sleep settings you want to use.

4. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Figure : Changing the display and sleep settings

Display and sleep settings with Change advanced power settings highlighted
  5. On the Advanced settings tab, expand the category you want to customize, expand each setting you want to change, then choose the values you want to use.

Figure : Changing the advanced power settings

The advanced power settings window
  6. When done, click OK, then click Save changes.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Sir, it seems as if that suggestion has solved my problem. I did as you recommended.

HP Recommended

Hi again,green blue pattern screen raised it ugly head again, this time on startup . any solution please ?

HP Recommended

@Gwyn6

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.