Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Image Assistant won't download : Exception (Handled): Object reference not set to an instance

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having the same issue as in this post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Collaboration/HP-Image-Assistant-HPIA-won-t-download-softpaqs/m-p/7...

When running the commandline with debug, instead of downloading, it spits out the error:

Exception (Handled): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

When running it in GUI mode, the download button is not active, cannot be pushed to start downloading - no matter what softpaqs are selected.

Works fine on other computers - have tried to reformat the machine - same result...

Commandline is: 

HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Selection:All /Silent /debug /ReportFolder:"UNC Path" /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:"Repository"

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  Did you happen to get resolved? 

I posted my issue here -- 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HPIA-Can-Analyze-Only-Download-Button-does-not-work...

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation