Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This link is missing the "f" for .pdf, and even after adding the missing "f" at the end of the link it returns a 404 - FWIW, I'd like to find the same manual as I am unable to figure out the monitor's menu system to adjust the image to get the edge-to-edge working

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@JahhhhhgMan,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The link provided in the previous post is working and I was able to access it. I recommend you try again and I am positive that it will work fine. However, I have posted the link below again for your reference.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05105530.pdf

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and Thanks for replying The_Fossette -

Yes this link worked this time, unfortunately the pdf linked doesn't seem to match/apply to my monitor (same model info listed in the OP but recently (just a couple of weeks ago) bought at a local Best Buy). For example the inputs and buttons do not correlate with the features of this monitor so I'm still unable to address my issue of not being able to adjust the image to use the entire display.

Is there a more recent or updated manual (whose first edition was April 2016) for this monitor (Manufactured in Nov 2018) ?

Many thanks in advance for your help  - JM

HP Recommended

@JahhhhhgMan,

What is the product number for your monitor?

What is the exact issue you are facing?

Let me know.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

The product number is the same as in the op's subject line -> 3FV90AA.  There are also the following other indicatorns on the serial number label: 

An Option (ABA)

A Rev (ATT111)

A RMN (HSTND-9981-Q)

And the serial no. starts with CNK844****

The monitor is this one listed here on BestBuy.com:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-27q-27-led-qhd-monitor-pike-silver/6237643.p?skuId=6237643

The exact issue I am facing is almost if not identical as this one described in this existing support article(about a 1/4 inch black border on the left, top, and right) : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-27-inch-displays/3989902/model/20925646/document/c0177...

A picture of the monitor on and showing the border is here:

border on left and top borderborder on left and top border

Here is a picture of the monitor "off"/in energy saving mode are here and you can actually see this display border (but very faint) which is making me wonder if it's just a bad panel/limitation on the panel itself.

in energy saver/off - note faint outline of borderin energy saver/off - note faint outline of border

The difference is that I am connecting this monitor to a 2019 Apple MacBook Pro (so the options for solving in the article don't apply  - it is talking about underscanning as a result of NVIDIA or AMD driver configuration), running MacOS 10.14.4 and have tried connecting via Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort, Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI, and HDMI to HDMI all with the same result.

The pictures on the website, box, and indeed the display model at Best Buy were showing an image on the panel that extends from bezel to bezel/edge to edge on all 4 sides - in my case oddly the image only extends to the bottem edge/bezel. The image, colors, brightness, contrast is all otherwise fine, that's why I assumed it was an image adjustment/configuration issue -and wanted the manual. Unfortunately the monitor will only let me select the sharpness adjustment in the image adjustment menu, so I'm just at a loss.

thanks for your help, JM

HP Recommended

@JahhhhhgMan,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

In this scenario, I have gone ahead and escalated this case to our R&D team. So that they can work on this and get back to you with more information.

I would suggest you give us 72 hours so that we can check and get back to you with more updates.

If you don't hear from me in the next 72 business hours, send me a private message as a reminder.

Thank you and have a wonderful week ahead 😊

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jeet_Singh,

I'm having the exact same issue. Was there ever an update here, or did you find out what's going on?

HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh and @The_Fossette ,

Any word from R&D or others in regard to this issue? Any context on what next steps are appropriate would be appreciated and would like to be resolved through this instead of other social channels.

thx, JM

HP Recommended

@JahhhhhgMan,

Thank you for replying,

We have got an update from the R&D team and they would like to know few more details: 

1. What is the resolution that is set on the computer? 

2. Is it matching with the Maximum resolution of the monitor that can be supported. 

3. Is this happening on any particular app or screen or with every application.

4. Could you please share the screenshot of the monitor screen to understand how much of the border is visible. 

As per the user guide of the HP 27q 27 inch display, the viewable image size is 68.47cm (diagonal) even though the display size is 71.22cm.

And the maximum graphic resolution is 2560 x 1440 (75Hz).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05698839

Waiting for your response!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.