Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Orbit
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I increas the file tarnsfer in ORBIT to be greater than 30 meg?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JIB072762,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding trying to increase the file sharing speed using HP Orbit. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• What are the devices being used in file sharing or data transfer?
  • Did you try to uninstall the Orbit software and reinstall it back?

For now please try these steps:

• Uninstall the orbit software and reinstall it back then check again if it works:
  • The file transfer speed depends on the device, the operating system and the file transfer protocols used.
  • If the device is a little old it has older file transfer protocols that HP orbit makes use of. The speeds cannot be increased then.
  • Also, the file sharing speed has an upper limit and after that, it cannot be tweaked to increase speeds.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, perform these steps in the same order. This should resolve the issue for you. Your technically very competent and have profound expertise. I am able to judge that from your post. So you should be able to perform these steps without breaking any sweat.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.