Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

I bought a new HP Pavilion x360 Convertible, running on windows 10. Microsoft office and Mcafee antivirus are not activated, running trial version. Both are pre-installed. MSOffice needs to be activated, how to do that? do i had to purchase it? Mcafee says to buy. Aren't these productssupposed to be free and fully  functional or activated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @SeanOniel,

Thanks for writing back again.

I have checked the records even the Mcafee is trial software. You need to purchase the subscription to activate it.

To activate Mcafee antivirus software try the steps recommended below.

At the top of your My Account page, select My Account and then click Subscriptions.
Click All expired to see your expired subscriptions. Or click View active to see your subscriptions that have not yet expired.
Look for the subscription you want to renew and click Renew.

Also, as an alternate, you can use built-in windows defender a  free antivirus and firewall program.

Refer this article to know more information about using Windows defender program. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @SeanOniel,

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Update windows to the latest version and check if it helps.

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu) 

Go to Update and Security - Windows Updates 

Also, Please try the steps recommended below.

To resolve this issue, go through the MS Office activation process to get the correct product upgraded.

1. Confirm Windows is activated.
  2. Choose any Office program to activate MS Office.
  3. Wait until the We're getting things ready is displayed.
  4. Click on Activate.
  5. Enter the email address or account name associated with the Microsoft account.
  6. Microsoft will confirm and add the licensing to the account.
  7. Enter appropriate language and region.
  8. Choose the product that will be installed (Microsoft Home and Business). 

NOTE: If a different product is selected, the following message is displayed: This product needs an update. You can continue working while the update is downloaded and installed. 

Click Continue to finish the installing the updates. You're all set! is displayed.Select File > Account. The Home and Student 2016 is displayed, but the update will be downloaded in the background (with an active Internet connection). A notification will appear in the lower corner of the UI notifying the user the download has completed. The product change will proceed as the Office component is closed. The Office component will start after the update is completed. The EULA (End User License Agreement) will appear.The current product will become MS Home and Business edition 2016. 

IMPORTANT: The product listed will be based on which product was selected in step 7

Let me know if this works!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Laptop Product Key: 5KP12EA#ABV

1. Confirm Windows is activated.  (Activated)
  2. Choose any Office program to activate MS Office.
  3. Wait until the We're getting things ready is displayed.
  4. Click on Activate.
  5. Enter the email address or account name associated with the Microsoft account.
  6. Microsoft will confirm and add the licensing to the account.
  7. Enter appropriate language and region.

(I opened MS Word, clicked Activate. I gave an email address associated. There is no key im my account. Didnt work any of the above. Its says i am on trial version that will going to expire on 24th April)

As for Mcafee its on trial version also, need to purchse that as well going to expire soon.

HP Recommended

Hi! @SeanOniel,

Thanks for sharing the product details.

I have checked the product details and found that a trial version of Microsoft office was shipped with the PC. 

1 month trial for new Microsoft Office 365 customers. As the trial period has ended it is asking you to purchase the software.

Refer the product specifications page of your laptop for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thankyou Apollo for your quick response.

As per your reply, does it goes for Mcafee Live Safe as well !!!

On Mcafee Message is poping up to to purchase it . as my tial is expiring in 12 days.

Kindly Confirm This Also.

HP Recommended

Hi! @SeanOniel,

Thanks for writing back again.

I have checked the records even the Mcafee is trial software. You need to purchase the subscription to activate it.

To activate Mcafee antivirus software try the steps recommended below.

At the top of your My Account page, select My Account and then click Subscriptions.
Click All expired to see your expired subscriptions. Or click View active to see your subscriptions that have not yet expired.
Look for the subscription you want to renew and click Renew.

Also, as an alternate, you can use built-in windows defender a  free antivirus and firewall program.

Refer this article to know more information about using Windows defender program. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.