Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just purchased new HP Officejet Pro 7740.

I want to use main tray for 8.5x11" paper and tray 2 for 17x11" paper.

How do I set the printer up to recognize different paper source.

Properties doesn't show both trays.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there!

You can easily change the paper size selection by puling out either one of the trays at one time and reinserting them. The control pannel should show a screen to select the media size and type.

To avoid confusion, just pull one tray and reinsert the same tray at one time. The options available would always be the newly reinserted tray.

Alternatively you could access them in the menu options. If you pull down the menu from top to bottom, and select the gear icon, you should come to a settings menu. Scroll down and click the "Tray and paper management" then scroll down and click on papper settings. You should be able to see what is selected and set for both the trays.

Cheers,

Samuel

I am employee of HP.
Please thumbs up if it helps!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.