Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Scanjet G3110
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi all,

I've read through threads relating to this but without success. My problem is that my Scanjet G3110 has stopped working. By that I mean that once installing Easy Scan 1.9.3 & selecting the scanner, Easy Scan won't connect to the scanner. I did have Easy scan 1.9.2 on my Mac & that worked ok (apart from not being able to scan slides which is another issue).

I saw that a newer version of Easy scan (1.9.3) was available, but since installing 1.9.3 I can't use the scanner.

Anyone got any solutions?

Additionally, does anyone know how to scan slides on a Mac using EasyScan?

BTW, I have tried getting the scanner to work on my Windows 10 laptop, but that won't work either (coz it's 64 bit, or because the scanner is stuffed??)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jeza

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok, an update.

The scanner will work on the laptop (running Windows 10). This issue was with the USB drivers; once updated now scanner will work.

Scanner still not recognised by Mac.

Additionally on the laptop, using the HP Scanner app, the slides I'm scanning are basically unrecognisable.... very dark.

Can this be improved?

Thanks,

Jeza

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.