Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Thank you. I've solved my problem. I'd wished the user interface of the printer is more user friendly. It's a design fault.
HP Recommended

Lhow: I assume the solution Rainbow23 offered fixed the problem for you. I think I have the same problem. Just waiting for  Rainbow23 or another to send me the same fix.

HP Recommended

I did some more digging on the forum and found a different thread with the solution to get the self managed functions back. It can be found in the thread  "AIO 8710 How to reverse "IT Managed" and unlock ALL features on printer". Printed a couple docs from iPad with the AiO Remote app on iPad, now will muddle through printing from my Win7 box on wireless link once I add the printer.

HP Recommended

@bhwx

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer. I understand that your wireless option is disabled and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I have sent the required information in private message.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought this printer not long ago. None of the fixes listed in this forum work. I need HP to contact me to fix the problem or this printer is going back!

HP Recommended

I had to look around in the various forums but I did find a solution for this.  If you haven't already looked at it here it is.  It can be found in the thread "AIO 8710 How to reverse "IT Managed" and unlock ALL features on printer".  If you follow the steps carefully it actually works fairly well. 

HP Recommended
I am having the same issue. May I request the instructions as well. Thank you
HP Recommended

This is the solution I found on a different thread I mentioned in a previous post I made to this thread. Once I figured out the display and the following process, tried it and it worked and haven't had an issue since.

Here is the solution to TOTALLY RESET AIO 8710
After this you can choose Self or IT Managed.

We will now do the Semifull reset on the printer. This will reset the printer and restore the printer back to it's factory setting.
Do you see any curve arrow , when you touch any copy , fax , scan like icons , you need to remember its position
Please follow the steps below from the printer front panel to perform the semifull reset on the printer:-
1. Press Curve back arrow 4 times (Bottom Left) Buttons, in sequence.
2. Touch Support Menu.
3. Press Right arrow for Reset Menu and Touch OK.
4. Press Right arrow for Semi-Full Reset and Touch OK.
5. Wait for unit to Power Down/Turn Off.
6. Press Power button to turn the Printer On.
The back arrow may not lit up. So please press the back arrow area (bottom left of the printer front panel screen) 4 times in sequence to see the support menu.
You need to remember its position and touch that area /location 4-5 times. the icon may disappear after first touch but you have to touch that location

HP Recommended

i reseted my router and now most of my options in settings show the message "the feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer". I resetted my printer to factory settings, but still no change.

HP Recommended
Thank you. It's resolved! 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.