Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've just completed the setup for my HP Envy 5540 - the setup required me to print off the calibration page which I have done and came out fine - I then scanned it as directed which also completed successfully.

I've then tried to print an image from both mine and my partner's phone (both 5s iPhones using AiO remote app) and the printer continually displays "out of paper" error. I've opened the printer up checked and confirmed there are no paper jams and turned the printer off and on.

Through the display I've then gone to the printer information screen and selected print and its printed this off first time no issues - then gone to print the image again and up pops the "out of paper" error once again?

Absolutely baffled - it registers paper when printing directly from the printer however as soon as the AiO remote app device is used it suddenly cannot pick up that any paper is loaded?

I've resized the picture to A4 (thinking it may be trying to use smaller size paper) still no joy - any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Printer has self-updated its drivers and is now recognising paper in the tray - utterly bizarre but problem now solved. Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Printer has self-updated its drivers and is now recognising paper in the tray - utterly bizarre but problem now solved. Thanks

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it's now sorted @Helloworld2016  🙂

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.