Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520

When printing from my iPad or iPhone I keep getting an error message that says: Printer is Busy. And the printer is not busy. It is low on ink but not out of ink it will still print info sheets and make good copies.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Suebee99

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer and whenever you try to print from your iPad or iPhone, it says that the printer is busy. The printer otherwise works fine and prints information sheets and copies fine. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• If the printer is connected to a wireless network, then could you check if it prints fine from other computers (Windows if available)?
  • Are you printing from an app in your iPad and iPhone? If yes, then which app is it?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the printer still appears to be busy then you may download and use the HP AiO Printer Remote App and then try to print. This app works for both Apple and Android.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you SO much for your help.  I was on the phone an hour yesterday with an HP employee, who was very nice, but did not solve the above problem.  I followed your instructions and I am now able to print from my iPad.  👍🏻😃 kathy

HP Recommended

Only had to do the following to resolve:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print, the printer powered ON by itself and it is connected to a surge protector.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.