Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
iOS

I am having great difficulty printing from my iPad.

Restarting the printer allows it to work for perhaps 5 minutes but always reverts to “No AirPrint printers found”

Printer software is up to date, so is iPad (Air, iOS 11.4.1)

Bonjour packets are supported by router which is ASUS DSL-N14U B1

The same issue with another iPad and with an iPhone so I suspect a printer or router setting.  Can anybody help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@paulmcfadyen

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you're HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer does not print from your iOS devices and a message appears saying "No Airprint printers found". I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.

When you try to select a printer, a No AirPrint Printers Found message displays. To resolve the issue, restart the printer and Apple iOS device, and then make sure they are connected to the same network.

NOTE: If your printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable, you must use Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct (if available) as an alternative.

Step 1: Move the router closer to the printer

Make sure other household items do not interfere with the wireless signal, and then move the router closer to the printer.

1. Move the router away from household items that can interfere with the wireless signal, such as microwave ovens and cordless phones.

2. Move the printer closer to the wireless router.

3. Make sure your router is set at 2.4 GHz.

If you are unsure how to check this setting, consult your router documentation or contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Step 2: Restart all devices, and make sure they are on the same network

Restart the router and printer, verify wireless connectivity and status on a Network Configuration page, and then turn on the Apple device to check wireless settings.

1. Turn off the router, and then turn it on.

Contact the router manufacturer for instructions on how to turn off the router.

NOTE: Do not reset the router.

2. Turn off the printer, and then turn it on.

3. Turn off the Apple device.

NOTE: Do not turn on the Apple iOS device yet.

4. Print a Network Configuration page.

For instructions on printing a Network Configuration page, go to HP Customer Support. Type your printer model, and then search for the document to "print a configuration page."

5. Check the Active Connection Type in the General Information section on the report. The connection type should be Wireless.

6. Check the status in the 802.11 Wireless section on the report. The status should be Connected. The printer IP Address also displays in the 802.11 section of the report for active wireless connections.

7. Make sure the Network Name (SSID) on the report is the same as the name of the wireless network for your networked printer.

• If the HP printer is connected to the correct wireless network, continue with these steps.

• If the HP printer is not connected to the correct wireless network, go to HP Customer Care, type your printer model in the search field, and then browse to the support document about how to connect your printer to a wireless network.

8. Turn on your Apple iOS device.

9. Tap the Settings icon .

10. Tap Wi-Fi.

11. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and there is a checkmark next to your wireless network name.

12. Return to the Settings menu, and then make sure Bluetooth is turned off.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Update the printer firmware

Go to Updating Firmware on the Printer to download and install the latest printer firmware

Step 4: Make sure AirPrint is enabled

Open the Embedded Web Server (EWS), and then make sure AirPrint is enabled.

1. Print a Network Configuration page to obtain the printer IP address needed to view the EWS webpage.

For instructions on printing a Network Configuration page, go to HP Customer Support. Type your printer model, and then search for the document to "print a configuration page."

2. Find the printer IP address on the Network Configuration page.

Figure : Example of a printer IP address

Example of a printer IP address.
  3. On your computer, open an Internet browser.

4. Type the printer IP address in the browser address bar, and then press Enter.

NOTE: Make sure to type the IP address into the Internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.

5. If a website security certificate displays in the Internet browser, click Continue.

The EWS information page for the printer opens.

6. Click the Settings tab.

7. Click Security, and then click Administrator Settings.

8. Under Network Settings, select AirPrint, if it is not already selected, and then click Apply.

Figure : Selecting AirPrint

9. Restart the printer.

Step 5: Make sure the router can forward Bonjour packets (Please skip this step if you have verified it already).

Not all wireless routers support Bonjour or all of Bonjour's features. Since Bonjour is the default method for discovering printers on a network, you must first make sure your wireless router supports Bonjour, and then turn the Apple device off and on.

Check the specifications or support documentation for your router or contact the router manufacturer to make sure your router supports Bonjour. It must also support forwarding Bonjour packets.

• If your router supports Bonjour, skip to the next step.

• If your router does not support Bonjour, use a router that supports Bonjour or add the printer to your printer list using the IP tab and the printer IP address.

Step 6: Try to print from another device or computer

Try to print from another networked device to the HP printer. Examples of networked devices include your computer and another Apple device.

Step 7: Reset the HP printer

Reset the printer, and then try to print again.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

In case the issue still persists after performing the above steps then you may also perform the step numbers 4, 5 and 6 from this HP document.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. 

All the best! 

HP Recommended
Thanks. However that is all very similar to the instructions on your website, which have not worked
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any printer related setting will prevent AirPrinting from the first moment, as the printer works for several minutes it denies a printer issue, such behavior will likely occur when a router do not support Bonjour / Multicast,

By searching on Google and your router documentation and specifcations I couldn't see any indication that the router supports Bonjour, lack of such support would cause the exact same behavior as you describe.

Here is your router specifications sheet, I could not see any indication to support Bonjour / Multicast / IGMP:

https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSLN14U/specifications/

Please try connecting the iOS device to your printer using HP Wireless Direct and try printing, can you see the same behavior by removing the router from the picture or does it print for more than few minutes?

You may enable Wireless Direct under Setup > Network > HP Wireless Direct from within your printer screen, there you may also locate the HP Wireless Direct configured password and name.

Please let me know the results, if that work my first suggestion would be contacting Asus and verifying for Bonjour support, I personally couldn't see any such indication.

Hope that may help getting in the right direction,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I cannot print from my MAC or Iphone to my Printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.