Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does HP actually have any support techs here? Or do I have to call India again and spend 4 hours on the phone?

HP Recommended

There are some HP people who visit these forums but your issue does not need one these. The OfficeJet 8500 A909 does not include AirPrint support. This is a 2009 printer and HP has not indicated that they have plans to provide an AirPrint upgrade for it. Last year's printer, the A910, does have an AirPrint upgrade available.

HP Recommended

HP Support Leadership Team,

Regardless of whether this printer is from 2009, the fact that you had a $400-$500 printer on the market in late 2010 along side other cheaper models with ePrint capability that also had the "8500" designation sends a strong message that you would ultimately provide a driver/firmware update to update this printer to have ePrint capability.

I purchased your printer in Oct 2010 because it was a premium all-in-one (and because it was from HP).  Your lack of plans or unwillingness to extend ePrint functionality to this printer will certainly influence my future purchasing decisions.  You should really forward the feedback to your marketing teams that having multiple 8500 designations and price points is confusing on its own, but excluding features from the highest priced version of the 8500 because it's an older model (although still for sale in 4Q 2010) is just plain bad product management.

HP Recommended

HP CEO,

I have always been a huge fan and faithful customer, usually upgrading every 3 years on a printers and laptops.  I am even a shareholder.  This makes me very angry.  I just bought this printer back in October, then when Airprint came out, it just said the 8500 series - so i kept it and didn't return it, which I apparently should have as all your little cheap laborers (that "work for HP but don't represent HP" garbage) have made it clear that you are just being greedy and won't send out a firmware update for a new printer because you want me to upgrade already?  And please don't tell me it's not possible, the 8500 Pro Wireless does email and all sorts of things and your marketing of it is very deceitful.

I know its just a printer but I am genuinely upset because I have been trying now for months to get this stupid thing to work with my phone and now find out that you won't do it and it is too late to return the product.

What type of place are you running?  Im going to end this post as I am actually getting too upset.

p

HP Recommended

I agree completely with the previous post.  If  no hardware upgrade is required, and airprint capability could be added to the A

909g printer with a simple firmware upgrade, then what is the problem?  This seems like a typical product support upgrade that should be provided automatically to HP customers who own compatible equipment.

Can someone please offer an explanation why this firmware upgrade is not offered to A909g owners.

HP Recommended

Is there an update that will allow me to use my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - A909g with my iPad2?

HP Recommended

I'm upset with HP and with Costco for selling me an unsupported printer.  I'm writing this post from my last HP computer... seriously, we have a ton of HP equipment but this is it. 

HP Recommended

I agree with above.  I've been a loyal HP printer user for the last 20 years.  In printers alone, I've

purchased over 10 printers for my home and business.  I've never ventured to another brand.  My

last two purchases were in 2010.  I didn't purchase because the printers were worn out....rather, I

had to buy two new printers with software updates compatible to my two new MAC computers.  

Less than one year later, I'm told the software won't be upgraded and I must buy replace my printers again for full functionality??????  If that's true, HP has lost my loyalty.....In fact, as a matter of principle, I'll have

to switch brands on my next upgrade...

HP Recommended

Consider yourself lucky if it works for you. Worked once. Now will not connect to server. Some printers it finds it can't print to at all -- just hangs up. When it can print, takes 5 minutes per 1/2 page -- yes, prints a halp page then stops and 5 minutes later prints the other half. glad I only ran a test on a 2 page document.

HP Recommended

Why in the world should HP put any money into supporting its printers why you guys will keep on buying them without support? It's not like this is something new. HP has always done this for years. They have no interest in printers. No money in them. They're interested in selling ink.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.