Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 3638
iOS

I am only able to print with airprint from the 'HP smart' app on my iPad to my recently bought hp 3638 printer which is said to be fully airprint compatible. Printing from any other apps only results in print going to the print queue, and sticks there with the 'waiting' status. Only option to deal with that is cancelling the print job. 

Any restrictions to what formats that can be printed from?

any restrictions to what apps can be printed from?

Any special setup parameters that Has to be taken into account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What worked for me, and this was a suggestion in this forum, was to reconnect the printer to the WiFi router. Then, turn it on but leave your iPhone and iPad off. Once the printer was on, force restart your phone and pad, then Rey printing again. So far I have not had any further printing problems from my phone or pad. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What worked for me, and this was a suggestion in this forum, was to reconnect the printer to the WiFi router. Then, turn it on but leave your iPhone and iPad off. Once the printer was on, force restart your phone and pad, then Rey printing again. So far I have not had any further printing problems from my phone or pad. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.