I've just received my new HP Envy 5032 and as soon as I plugged it in to begin the set up, the screen went blank and a message appeared (ERROR CODE OXOO829C98 HW WATCHDOG C)
I can not set the WIFI up and I'm unable to download any firmware upgrades due to an error on the website....
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "ERROR CODE OXOO829C98 HW WATCHDOG ".
Power resetting the printer and cleaning the cartridge electrical contacts may resolve the issue. Please try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Clean the electrical contacts, refer to step 11 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community
Ask the Virtual Agent