Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm trying to print something, but I can't delete the first document in the queue (which I no longer want to print). It is frozen on 'deleting' status but nothing is happening. I've tried rebooting both the printer and laptop, but still nothing. Help!

Also, the printer status on my laptop says 'out of paper' (although not on my printer) and yet it is not out of paper. Any help very gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This may help with the document stuck in the print queue.

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed from the queue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

This may help with the document stuck in the print queue.

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed from the queue.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Brilliant - it worked! Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome, glad it worked - I've had to use this a few times myself :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and have got mine stuck trying to print from an email in btmail.

Tried your solution and got as far as stopping the service, and browsing to the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and all I see is a long list of files beginning with PP which I don't recognise ?.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.