Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It’s a home network. Xfinity. The problem isn’t connecting to the WiFi. It does. And the gateway lists it as a device. I don’t understand how it can be actively connected to the WiFi & not be on the network. What’s missing?

HP Recommended

The IP address the printer is connected to does not seem like its a home network.

Can you try and restore the printer network and reconnect it?

HP Recommended

I have performed a reset on the printer multiple times. Looking at old network summary pages the ip had at one time been 10.0.0.8. I don’t understand how or why it would’ve changed to a 10 digit ip nor do I know how to change it back. 

HP Recommended

This seems like an issue with the router, as the IP assigned is incorrect, i'd suggest you contact the internet service providers to rectify the issue.

HP Recommended

Well then that takes me full circle. I started with Xfinity and they in no uncertain terms said it was the fault of the printer. 

HP Recommended

I do not think it is the printer, but let's try one more thing.

Do you have a usb to connect between the printer and computer?

HP Recommended

Yes. Unfortunately my computer is a dinosaur which is why I use my iPhone & iPad to print & scan. 

HP Recommended

@AJA1901

The IP address of the printer is starting from '169' and this is not a valid IP address. The IP address of the router is correct which is starting from '10'.

Have you tried restarting the wireless router, the printer, and the iOS devices and check?

If you have tried restoring the network settings on the printer and reconnected it to the network but still getting a '169' IP address to the printer, I'd suggest contacting your Internet service provider.

Keep us posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Final word. I reconnected the old router & everything is back up & running. I’m sending the newer router back to Xfinity. I only wish I knew if that particular router is defective or if the printer simply cannot work with the newer technology. Thanks for all the effort. 

HP Recommended

@AJA1901

Glad to know that the printer is working fine with the old router. The issue could be with the new router.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.