Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8600 AIO
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i have printer settings at default to Hp 8600 Network and downloaded on my mobile the Samusung Print Service Plugin.

The plug in calls the printer "Officejet Pro 8600 {C62263}" even though I try to add the correct name HP OJ Pro 8600 Network. I cannot print from the android phone even if I select the the name in quotes. 

I downloaded the upgrade for HPPSdr.exe and still cannot print. That fixer used to work when I used the Verizon LG android. Since purchasing the Samsung cannot print from the android.  

Can you please help I give up trying. I need to go to the laptop to print.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Maltesem

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Uninstall and reinstall the App. If the issue persists, try the HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Thank you for your response.

It did not work. I have been trying everything and still cannot print from the Samsung smartphone.

I have installed and reinstalled the HP Smart and the HP printer wireless rerouting, etc. and cannot print from the phone.

When I bring up HP Smart it shows Office jet Pro 8600 N911 g which is correct. However, when I select "Print Documents" it does not pick up my gmail account, which is mostly what I chose to print a document, as  that contains the message and /or a document I need to print. Ultimately, I need to use my hp laptop to bring up email and it prints to the printer.

My OS is WIN 7 32 bit and always had a problem when I purchased a new android phone (ugh). I have been trying to print from the Samsung 9 Plus (purchased Oct 2019), and downloaded the Samsung Print Service Plugin, HP Print Service, Cloud Print and Default Print Service {all are ON].   

Please help. Thank you.

Maltesem

HP Recommended

Let's reset the network settings on your phone: 

1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have. ...
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings." ...
  5. You'll have to confirm that you want to reset your network settings.

Once done, use the HP Smart App and try again.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the last suggestion to reset network settings on my android, which I did do and confirmed. I still cant remotely print using HP Smart.  

Now HP Smart does not add my HP OJ Pro 8600 Plus Network, and does not bring in my Gmail account under "Print Documents". Under Print Documents it prints my Google photos, FB, Dropbox and Google Drive. but I cannot add my Google GMAIL account. Consequently, I cannot print my GMAIl and attachemets remotely.

When I bring up HP Smart at the top is shows Officejet Pro 8600 N11g, which is the printer, but still does not bring in GMAIL.???

The sketch of an all in one is there with a minus sign??

PPleas

Can

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.