Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
CP1525NW
Chrome OS

Hello,

I used to use Google Cloud Print with my CP1525NW when printing from the Chromebooks, but it isn't reliable, and so I set up my printer for wireless printing. I found that it wouldn't print at all unless I set it for TCP/IP. Now it prints, but only in black and white from the Chromebook. It's set for color in the print options. The preview shows color. If I switch to black and white, print a page, and switch to color, it still prints only black and white.

From my PC connected to this same printer via USB, color printing works fine. When I used Google Cloud print from the Chromebook previously, color worked fine (when it would print!)

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@closedsink

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your printer is not printing in color while printing from the cloud.

• Did you update the printer firmware and check if that prints fine?

If not, refer this HP document for the steps to update the printer firmware:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandytech20,

I tried updating the printer firmware. There is no Service Manu option on the printer that I can find, so I tried the USB option. I ran until at 99%, and said "Waiting for product setup to finish. This may take several minutes". It stayed like this for ~10 minutes, then gave an error message. It said to reboot the PC and try again, which I did. I tried again, with the same result (failed).

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Sandytechy20,

So, I tried one more time, and this time the upgrade seemed to work. Now, if I re-run the install program, it no longer gives me a choice to upgrade, so I think the upgrade was successful. Unfortunately, my problem remains - can't print in color when printing from my Chromebook.

My color toner catridges are quite low. I wonder if it's possible that the wireless driver will not print color if the cartridges are too low, but the USB driver still allows color printing?

I'm going to order more cartridges, and see if this fixes the problem. I'll report back. If you have any other suggestions in the meantime, klet me know.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@closedsink

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Yes. try with the new toner cartridges and check if that prints fine.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, I relaced the color toner cartridges (all 3). Sad to say that I still can't get a color print when printing from the Chromebook via WiFi. It prints in gray scale.

HP Recommended

One more data point. I can also print from my Android phone via WiFi to the printer, and when i do, it prints color. So, it seems like something is wrong with the Chromebook printer driver that causes it to only print gray scale instead of color.

I looked to see if there are any print options on the Chromebook that could be causing this, but I don't see any.

HP Recommended

@closedsink,

I am responding on behalf of @sandytechy20 as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Delete your printer from Google Cloud Print, then re-add it:

1. If you haven’t yet, sign in to your Chromebook.
  2. Open Chrome.
  3. Go to the Google Cloud Print list of printers.
  4. Delete any duplicate printers from the list.
  5. Delete your printer from the list.
  6. Set up your printer with Google Cloud Print  again.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The_Fossette,

I am not using Google Cloud Print - I am printing directly to the printer via WiFi ( I mentioned that in the first post). However, I did try deleting, and re-adding the printer, numerous times, which didn't help.

HP Recommended

@closedsink,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.