Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I too have the same issue.

Wonder why you had to take it offline and not post the solution here.

Can yuo please advise what I can do to solve the same issue

Prints black and white ONLY when printing from chromebook

HP Recommended

@NiMo3

To assist you better please provide me with the complete printer model or the product number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This was never resolved for me. I hope you have better luck!

HP Recommended

Would you be able to post your reply in this forum so we all can benefit?  I have a HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw (A95C00) and up until a month or two ago, was able to print both through google cloud and locally in b&w AND color.  But after one of the CHromeOS updates, that stopped.  I can no longer print in color via google cloud print nor locally.

I'm on a Google Pixelbook 2 which is fully up to date in the chromeOS stable channel.

While I used to be able to print without any problems..  Now I cannot even print color PDFs through google cloud print at all, printer always says file is corrupt.  When I print locally, it prints, but only in black and white.

I've removed and added the printer both locally and via google cloud so many times, I lost count.  No change.  The printer is fully updated with the latest firmware from HP.

I DO NOT have a Windows or mac machine from which to do any testing.  That's the beauty of, well supposed to be, cloud printing.  This printer worked flawlessly for 2 years from my 1st gen Pixelbook and my Pixelbook 2.  Now.... not so much.

Help.

HP Recommended

@WaffullTechSyst, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Have you tried printing from any mobile device, iOS or Android? This would help us isolate the issue.

Meanwhile, refer to the documents for assistance-

HP Printers - Printing from a Chromebook 

Fix problems with Google Cloud Print

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.