Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Premium C310c
Other

I got a spam e-mail printed to my printer today so I was going to reset my printer's e-mail address. When I logged into HP Connected, it didn't see my printer listed (although I had registered it before, perhaps when it was still the eprintcenter). I tried to find a claim code to enter so I could reregister my printer, but ended up turning Web Services off by accident.

Now, whenever I try to turn Web Services back on, after clicking "Accept", I get an error message stating that the printer couldn't connect to the Web Services Server. 

Things I've checked:

• I rebooted the printer
  • I can print directly to it from my local network
  • I set my printer IPv4 settings to automatic (IP and DNS Server), still got the error
  • I set my printer IPv4 settings to manual (IP and DNS Server (I use OpenDNS)), still got the error

Any suggestions? BTW, the last time I had used the HP ePrint option (via Google Cloud Print) was back in August 2016 and it worked fine then.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As of September 1, 2016, Web Services stop working and are no longer supported on select printers. One of the following error messages displays on your printer control panel when attempting to use web services:
  • Server Connection Error. There was a problem connecting to the server. Press retry, or OK to exit.
  • Web Services Problem. Problem connecting to Web Services server.
  • Server Connection Error. Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm internet access and try again.

and your printer IS on the list

Source: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05211712

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

As of September 1, 2016, Web Services stop working and are no longer supported on select printers. One of the following error messages displays on your printer control panel when attempting to use web services:
  • Server Connection Error. There was a problem connecting to the server. Press retry, or OK to exit.
  • Web Services Problem. Problem connecting to Web Services server.
  • Server Connection Error. Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm internet access and try again.

and your printer IS on the list

Source: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05211712

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Too bad, I guess I don't use the service that much anyway, it was just weird that I got a spam e-mail through the printer this very morning (which I never did before).

HP Recommended

So HP stops updating their printers, so their customers buy a new printer in order to get the Web Services they paid for in their original printer? Is that right? 

I guess it's the only way for HP to keep their profits high, stop supporting their equipment so people have to buy a new printer. 

Makes me re-think buying another HP anything ever again.

HP Recommended

Yeah, same here. I just bought and hooked my Envy 5530 up in March 2016 and already it is supposedly outdated and unsupported. I have had Canon printers for YEARS and can still get support and updates but NOT HP. As you said this is my LAST printer from them. Unlike HP we normal people do not have the money to keep buying new printers every year to gain support. I spent two days and many hours trying all kinds of supposed solutions to activate web services only to find now it no longer exists and I have wasted all that time. I am NOT happy!

HP Recommended

Hi @PaulPM,

Good Day.   Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I reviewed the post regarding not able to connect to web services. (Can't connect to Web Services Server)  I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you turn off web services and turn it back on?
  • Please let me know the operating system of the computer that is being used with the printer.

Please try these steps.

To clear the error:

1. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Click on Remove Web Services.
  4. Click on the web services icon.
  5. Click on Setup and Yes.

At this point, you should be able to enable and use the Scan to Email feature on your printer

If the issue continues please try these steps:

Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer.  I have included a link to another post I did that has the instructions with screen shots.  Please don’t worry that the screenshots are for a Photosmart printer, the steps are the same.

Also it looks like your printer is not in the affected list of printers. Please check this link: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05211712

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have d110 printer, is not in the list of affected printers, I can't enable web services for get email address of my printer, connection error.
I have static IP and Google dns in the configuration, but not work.
Same connection problem in the "Apps" icon of printer, web services error.
A solution please. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is on a same family

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-e-all-in-one-printer-series-d110/4023244/product-...

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.