Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Samsung,Xiaomi,Motorola
Android 9.0 Pie

Can´t conect to my printer Officejet 3833 via HP print service plugin and wifi direct if the phone or tablet is running android 9 or 10 regardless of brand. Android 5-8.1 is no problems at all. Anyone else with the same problem who has found a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@TompaX

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Why don't you try the HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640#:~:text=Install%20the%20HP%20Smart%20app%20on%20a%20....

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replay but it is only half of the solution. HP smart is acting as i supposed but i can not use it from inside an app. I must create a PDF and then use HP smart to print and that means two steps when it should be enough with one.

/Thomas

HP Recommended

In that case, please uninstall and reinstall the HP Print Service Plug in and check.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No difference, the problem is related to android 9 and onwards. I have four devices from Samsung, Motorola and Xiaomi respectively and all have the same problem. Devices with Android 8.1 and earlier work Ok.

/Thomas

HP Recommended

Try clearing the App data and then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Print Service plug in.

How to Clear App Data

1. Open the Settings application on your device.
  2. Head Over to Apps Menu.
  3. Choose Installed Applications.
  4. Find the Application you want to Clear the App Data of.
  5. Select it, Move to the Storage Tab.
  6. Hit Clear Storage/ Clear App Data.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, have tried as you suggested but it makes no difference. Devices with Android 9 and higher do not seem to work with my 3833. No big deal, millions have become ill, so there are bigger problems in the world to worry about, so I may get a more modern printer and hope that it is solved. Thank you for your interest.

/Thomas

HP Recommended

I understand. I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as they can remotely help you with this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.