Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M12w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer is M12w. Everything was running great for few months, I have printed many, many documents by ePrint. All of a sudden it stopped working. Checking HP Connected got me a message that the printer is 'Offline' but it was connected by wi-fi to the router properly, internet connection was up and running. Everything was running just fine but it didn't print. When I checked the control panel, it turned out that the HP Web Services are not enabled. But when I click the button 'Enable' I get the message 'information sheet will be printed etc.' and nothing happens. When I click OK I'm back at the screen to enable web services, I can click 'enable' all day and get totaly nothing. Please help, I spent over 6 hours to work this out and nothing works!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Jay81,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I am happy to help you with this issue!

A status message of offline or printer offline displays on the computer, and the printer does not print.

An Offline status indicates that the computer is not able to communicate with the printer. In some network conditions, the printer might go offline unexpectedly.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity.

Use HP Printer and Scan Doctor to automatically fix several types of problems that can cause the printer to go offline.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, has paper installed, and is connected to your computer.

• If you are using a USB cable connection, make sure the cable is connected to the printer and the computer.

• If you are using a network cable connection, make sure a network cable is connected to the printer and your network router or hub.

• If you are using a wireless connection, make sure the wireless light or wireless symbol on the printer is on and not blinking. Press the wireless button on the printer control panel to turn on wireless connectivity.

1. From the computer that you are trying to print from, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

2. If Print and Scan Doctor does not open automatically, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon on the Windows desktop.

3. Click Start on the Welcome screen.

4. Select your printer, and then click Next.

Figure: Select your printer

Select your printer

1. If a screen displays with Selected product is not connected, click your connection type, and then respond to the information provided.

If the printer remains offline after completing all of the actions shown on the screen, close the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then continue to the next step.

2. Click Fix Printing, and then wait until the screen updates with the new information.

3. Review the information on the screen and respond to any action that requires your personal attention.

4. Click Test Print to see if the problem still exists.

• If the test page prints, close the Print and Scan Doctor window.

• If a test page does not print, click No Print, click Continue, and then click Restart Computer to install additional updates.

If the printer continues to go offline.

Click here and follow the further troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Anyone? Printer is printing, scanning, etc. Everything is working but I just can't turn the web services on.

Here's the video to clear this out:

https://youtu.be/u-M7k3HUQto

HP Recommended

Hello, @Jay81

I see that you were interacting with @A4Apollo. I'd like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

First off, update the printer firmware from here: http://hp.care/2tEccLg 

Download and install the printer firmware and then restart the machine and check. 

If the issue persists, then try to assign a public DNS on the printer. Here are the steps:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Restart the printer and router and then check the web-services again.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.