Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart app
iOS

I am attempting to log in to Hp Smart app to access smart tasks like mobile fax.  I AM able to log in to the same from a browser (Chrome) Window.  I am using the most updated version of the app.  I have updated iOS.  I get message that says:  “Sign In Error. Unable to sign in to your HP account.  Please check your internet connection and try again”.   

I have tried while on my data plan and while on my WiFi network.  No other apps on my phone are having any connectivity challenges.  

I would very much like to use the mobile fax feature.  Please help.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Eirik1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer are you using?

Make sure the web services are turned on on the printer. Click here to know how.

If you are having issues connecting the printer to web services, perform the steps mentioned in this document. 

Refer to this document to know how to use Mobile Fax on your iPhone.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also have the exact same symptoms when trying to log into HP Smart on my iphone. I can print using airprint, but can longer use any of the HP Smart functions like Scan and Smart Tasks. I could scan perfectly well until a week ago, so not sure whats changed.

Can any HP geniuses solve please.

HP Recommended

@sattyrayat

Did you try the steps provided in my previous post?

Let me know how it goes and what were the results.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply,

Web services are on and HP Smart works fine on windows 10 laptop.

My issue is with the HP Smart app on iphone.  I can log into my HP account online, but when trying the same credentials on the iphone app it keeps stating that details are incorrect.

HP Recommended

@sattyrayat

Check for any software updates on your iPhone.

Go to Settings > General > Update the software

Reinstall the app and try logging in.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ios and app are latest versions.

I assume you have no further solutions?

HP Recommended

@sattyrayat

We have tried the possible steps to resolve this issue. Kindly contact the HP Support for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.