Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have my OfficeJet Pro 9010 set up on my main wifi router. I also have an extender farther away in my house. It's the kind that automatically switches you from regular wifi to the extender depending on where you are in the house. So as I walk down the hall away from the main router, it'll switch me over to the extender automatically once the main connection gets weaker. The issue is that if I try to print something from my laptop or my phone while that device is connected to the internet via the extender, it sys the printer is not connected. If move my device closer to the main router, and the extender kicks me back over to the main router, I can print just fine. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do in how my printer is set up to make it appear through the entire network? It seems that if I'm not connected to the exact same wifi, it won't work. (Even though the extender has the same name/password and doesn't actually appear as a separate connection on my wifi options.) I don't know much about networks/routers, but I was hoping there was something easy I could do on the printer to let it appear on multiple channels within my house. If that makes sense. Thanks if you can help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sarajtn, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The router is probably not configured in the bridge mode. This could be a NAT issue which means multiple routers are handing out IP addresses and causing a conflict. Bridge mode means the router acts as purely an access point and not a router. The issue is most likely when you can print at a specific location but not at a different location.

Check with your ISP for the same.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.