Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M28w
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Hey everyone, I called support and read through the threads and I can't find an answer for this. I am trying to print from the mobile app HP smart and the documents won't print in color. I can print just fine, but on the color option drop down in print preview from my app there is no color option, it only shows black and white. Has anyone been able to solve this? I called support and already uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in and the app and tried printing from another printing plug in other than HP, no luck.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ashesque_0822

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy in color? Try updating the Printer firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Also, make sure the Mobile Software is up to date.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My phone software is up to date and apps are as well  The firmware version on the printer settings says 8.2018 version. It doesn't show a color option when I go to print at all  I can click the black and white to try to change it but it doesn't show a color option to change it  

When i copy something in color it prints black and white. 

HP Recommended

This is what my screen shows  Color not supported. 

Screenshot_20190325-135908_HP Print Service Plugin.jpg

HP Recommended

On further investigation, I found out that you have a Monochrome Printer. Hence you would not be able to print in color from this unit.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.