Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 16 (177 Views)

Can't print on Android phone from AOL to hpeprint address

Product Name: Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One
Operating System: Other
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android software is 7.0. I was able to print to my hpeprint address from my AOL address (which is the owner address) until about 2 or 3 months ago. I can print to my hpeprint address from Gmail and other email accounts, but not AOL.

My husband has an old Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, with Android 4 software, and has no problem printing from AOL address to hpeprint address on it. Therefore, I can only assume that there is a communication problem between the printer and Android 7 software.

Has anyone else had this problem and (how) did they resolve it. I gave looked everywhere for a solution and it's driving me nuts.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 16 (149 Views)

Re: Can't print on Android phone from AOL to hpeprint address

Hello, @gizasmum - Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help!

I do understand that the issue is while printing the emails from your phone. You need to change the IMAP setup to get this working as suggested in this thread: http://hp.care/2jbwgPK 

IMAP Setup Information:

• IMAP Username: YourUsername@aol.com (or @love.com, @games.com, etc.)

• Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com (Use port 143 for standard or 993 for SSL connections)

• SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com Set the port to 587

• SMTP Username: YourUsername@aol.com (or @love.com, @games.com, etc.)

• SMTP Password: password you use to login to Mail

For a secure connection, check the SSL option for IMAP/POP and TLS for SMTP in your mail program.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Tutor
Message 3 of 16 (132 Views)

Thanks for your response Dvortex, but those instructions did not help me. I do not have a problem printing from my phone. I have a problem printing to my @hpeprint.com address from my phone using my AOL address.

An example of this is using the Our Groceries app. When I send my shopping list to my printer it does this by opening the list in the body of an email. My AOL account is my default address and I used to just be able to put in my hpeprint.com address then hit send. Now the AOL address doesn't work for this and I have to switch accounts so that the list will print.

I also can't send to my hpeprint.com address from the stock Android email app using my AOL account. I can however print to the hpeprint.com address from my phone via AOL's webmail, accessed via my browser. This also works on my phone using the HP Print Bot with Facebook messenger.

If you have any further suggestions I'd be happy to try them.
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 16 (118 Views)

Hello, @gizasmum

You can try assigning a public DNS address to the printer. You might need to use a PC which is connected to the same network as your printer to perform these steps:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Restart the printer and check. Also, try reinstalling the AOL email app on your phone.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Tutor
Message 5 of 16 (108 Views)

Thanks Dvortex, but I have a problem with your instructions, as I don't have the option to select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) within the "Network" tab.

I do have “Wireless (802.11)", but not the option to select “Network address (IPv4)". It only shows "Status", "Wireless Setup Wizard" & "Advanced". However the Status List only shows IPv4, so I assume IPv6 has already been disabled. This was probably done by myself at some point as I've been trying to find the solution to this for several months now.

I found the radio buttons for “Manual IP”  and “Manual DNS Server” in the "Networking" section on the "Network" tab but I didn't want to change these because I could carry out the first part of your instructions above. Would it still be ok to change these?

I don't use the AOL email app on my phone. I use the stock Android email app, which I can't uninstall.

Look forward to receiving your response.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 16 (98 Views)

Hello, @gizasmum

Thanks for the update!

Then yes, you can assign the manual DNS as suggested in my above post. It is completely independent of disabling the IPv6 on your printer. Hence, please follow the steps to assign the google DNS for your printer. Once done, restart the printer, router, and the PC.

Also, try sending the email outside of the stock Android email app. If needed, download and install the AOL email app for the testing purpose. This will further help us in isolating the issue.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Tutor
Message 7 of 16 (88 Views)

Hi @Dvortex

I tried asssigning the manual DNS using 8888 and 8844 as per you post. However, when I clicked "Apply" i got an error message "Invalid input. Click OK to go back." I double checked the details and they were correct, so I just had to cancel the operation. What do you think is wrong?

As suggested, I installed the AOL app on my phone. The app has just been updated, and I was able to print to my @hpeprint.com address from it. However using the AOL app is not an option when printing from some apps as these default to sending from the stock Android Email app. Examples of this are Our Groceries and Google Drive.

A) I am able to print to my @hpeprint.com address as follows -

1) From AOL account on Windows Live Mail on my PC (Windows 10).

2) From Google Drive on my PC.

3) From my phone using AOL's webmail page, accessed via my phone's browser.

4) From my phone using the AOL app.

5) From my phone using the HP Print Bot with Facebook messenger (which is linked to my AOL address).

6) From my phone's stock Android Email app, from both my Gmail and Ntlworld email addresses, but not from my AOL address.

B) I cannot print from my AOL account to my @hpeprint.com address using my phone's stock Android Email app (ahough other email addresses print from it ok). This therefore affects my ability to print from other apps on my phone (such as Our Groceries and Google Drive) using my AOL address as these apps default to sending from my phone's stock Android Email app.

Until a few months ago none of this was a problem, I could send prints perfectly ok to my @hpeprint.com address from all of my email accounts. The AOL and the @hpeprint.com adresses are failing to communicate, but not always (as can be seen from (A) above. 

Look foward to hearing from you.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 16 (71 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gizasmum

Hi, 

as @Dvortex is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I understand that you're unable to print from your AOL account to your @hpeprint.com address using your phone's stock Android Email app. 

I will research further on this case and reply to you. It may take a couple of days until I reply. 

Thank you for patience in the meantime. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Tutor
Message 9 of 16 (60 Views)

@MKazi
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. That's great. Look forward to receiving your reply.
HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 16 (46 Views)

@gizasmum

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

I need the following information from you to get to the root cause:

• Are you sending an email to the Printer email address to print? Or are you using the app?
  • Can you open the Aol email via a web browser and send a print job to the ePrint address from there? Did it work?
  • Can you login the same email on the other phone (working) and send a print job to the ePrint address?
  • Can you check the inbox of the AOL email to see if there is any bounce report? Can you also check the sent items list to see if the message was sent?
  • Also, can you try to add the email to the whitelist? (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02948998)

Looking forward to your reply. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation