Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Alexa Skill
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I enable the HP Alexa Skill, it never asks for my hpeprint email address. It only asks me to sign into my HP account. When I try to print from Alexa, the print job gets sent to the Alexa app, NOT the printer. I have to open the Alexa app on my phone and click on the print button and then it will then print the document. All the tutorials I see online have the app asking for the eprint address during the enabling process. I have disable and enabled a number of times and never see the screen where you enter the eprint address, it only asks for my HP account user name and password (which it accepts and logs me in). Shouldn't I be able to tell Alexa to print stuff directly by voice without having to pull out my phone, open the Alexa app, and click on a print button? It seems like there is some sort of link that is not being established. Once I tell the Alexa app to print, the print job is completed properly.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

On your HP Smart account, have you added your printer with its HP ePrint address as described under 'I do not have an HP account' below?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05330917

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Already have done that. The printer is listed at my hp. Am I having trouble because of the age of my printer?

HP Recommended

Maybe,

Knowing your printer model may better help to answer any such. 🙂

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.