Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-all-in-one N911n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Cannot register my HP Officejet Pro 8600  N911n Printer using HP Smart. I am using Windows 10 (64-bit). I made sure today, 7-25-2019 that web services and Print Direct were enabled.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Lambert32

Welcome to HP support community.

Are you trying to install the printer on the computer using Smart app?

Are you getting any error message?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Reply with the  requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechie20,

I am trying to get the HP Smart app to work using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have been using HP ePrint for years. I cannot remember if I got an error message. I just have up using HP Smart. The printer is set up wirelessly on my home network, using the 2.4 Ghz network. I also have two 5 GHz networks on my Netgear Router. The printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911n.

Thank you,

@Lambert32

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechie20,

I am trying to get the HP Smart app to work using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have been using HP ePrint for years. I cannot remember if I got an error message. I just have up using HP Smart. The printer is set up wirelessly on my home network, using the 2.4 Ghz network. I also have two 5 GHz networks on my Netgear Router.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911n, Serial Number: [edited]

Thank you,

@Lambert32

HP Recommended

@Lambert32

I suggest you uninstall the HP Smart App from your phone and restart the Phone

Next, Reset the Network Settings back to Default

1. Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

2. Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, select Reports, and then select Print Network Configuration Page to print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Then run the wireless setup Wizard to connect your printer back to your Network

Since your printer is using the 2.4 Ghz Network ensure your Phone is connected to the 2.4 Ghz and not to the 5. GhZ Network.

Reinstall HP Smart App and  check if that works

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.