Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP26nw
Other

Hi!

I have problem print from android via Wi-Fi smartphone  HTC OneA9 on android 7.0 to HP LaserJet Pro MFP26nw.

On smartphone is instaled HP Print Service and HP All-in-One Printer Remote but still I cant print via Wi-Fi on other heand ASUS tablet dont have this stupid problems he printing and I have same programs on ASUS tablet

Its sad and lame that I cant print from HP printer and legal HP apps on my smartphone I buy printer for Wi-Fi printing from smartphone and now I dont have service and cant use printer.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @NobruZG,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

You're not able to print over the wireless network from your Android device to your HP LaserJet Pro M26nw printer, correct?

Go to Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets > FAQs > What if I cannot print to my printer for the steps to clear the cache.

Let me know if that helps.

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
HP Recommended

No that didnt help I've been reading it several times but still no service.

I finde printer on network but all stand on

''FETCHING PRINTER INFORMATION''

after that this is coming out

''Printer software problem. The printer software does not support the selected printer. Checkfor updates at your devices's app market or contact the printer manufacturer.''

On HTC One A9 instaled android 7.0 and HP Print Service Plugin and HP All-in-One-Printer Remote printing not work via Wi-fi but PC and tablet ASUS working and printing perfect.

I think that you need to update software with fresh drivers for android 7.0 this is stupid all legal apps and devices but I dont have service.

HP Recommended

Where is it stuck?

No one has any answer or advice?

HP Recommended

Printer software problem. The printer software does not support the selected printer. Check for updates at your devices's app market or contact the printer manufacturer......

I contact manufacturer but manufacturer ignoring problem I will never buy anything from HP......

HP Recommended

????????

HP Recommended
Dos you find a solution???
HP Recommended

Hi @NobruZG,

You mentioned in a previous post that your Android device has the HP Print Service Plugin installed, correct? If so, then I believe you can use a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable to print to your printer. 

Go to Printing With a USB OTG Cable (Android) for detailed set up and printing steps.

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.