Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx and am trying to connect wirelessly to my Direct-D6-HP Envy 7640 series printer.  I go to add printer then "show wi-fii Direct printers" and click on the printer and add device.  It wants a WPS PIN number.  I get the number from the printer screen and enter it.  It says "that didn't work" and try again.  I have done this several times and it will not connect.  BOTH the computer and the printer ARE connected to the same Wi-Fi network.  Why won't it connect?  THanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BarbDicken

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you're unable to add your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer on your new HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx PC. When you add it is Wifi-direct printer, it does not accept the WPS PIN. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.

As the printer and the computer are connected to the same Wifi network, I suggest you to download and install the full featured drivers/software. That should help the computer and the printer to communicate effectively and help in printing and scanning.For now, you may abort the steps that you had been performing and download the full featured drivers of the printer via this HP link.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. I'm always here to assist you.

Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BarbDicken

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you're unable to add your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer on your new HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx PC. When you add it is Wifi-direct printer, it does not accept the WPS PIN. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.

As the printer and the computer are connected to the same Wifi network, I suggest you to download and install the full featured drivers/software. That should help the computer and the printer to communicate effectively and help in printing and scanning.For now, you may abort the steps that you had been performing and download the full featured drivers of the printer via this HP link.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. I'm always here to assist you.

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.