Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought amazing HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw color MFP, yesterday. Then my quest was began:

1) Installed last drivers on MacOS X 10.6

2) Connect printer to office WiFi-network (AirPort Express with DHCP and static external IP to internet)

3) Tried to print via AirPrint, printer was not found, then download last firmware and upgrade printer.

4) AirPrint works fine and I tried enable WebServices for the first time

5) Connecting... Connecting...Connecting:

Connection Error

The printer is unable to connect to the services. Check the Internet connection. Press [Retry] to try again or [OK] to exite.

I tried again few times, switch off and on power and WiFi-connection. Tried do it via web-interface and get error «Connection error. Check Internet connection.».

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Double check your network settings. Particularly, ensure that the router gateway ip is correct. The HP software can set the wrong ip there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Double check your network settings. Particularly, ensure that the router gateway ip is correct. The HP software can set the wrong ip there.

HP Recommended

Well, I set DHCP Lease by MAC and enter manual TCP/IP settings and it's helps!

Thank you for idea.

HP Recommended

Can someone please explain this in easier, step-by-step process? 

My CM1415 is connected to wifi (blue wifi light on constant), however, computers cant find the printer.

What do I do?

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums WESTYYC,

I see by your post that you are unable to connect the printer to the computers over the wireless network.
I can help you with this issue.

Make sure the computers and the printer are connected to the main network name.

Print a configuration report to get the printer's IP address.

Printing a Configuration Report.

Select Method one.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IP address into your web browsers address bar. (Internet Explorer, Safari)

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

Power cycle the  router, computer and printer.

Windows steps:

Find out if the IP address for the printer matches the IP address assigned on the computer.

Go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer, go to printer properties, select the ports tab, click on configure port to view the IP address.

If the IP address doesn't match then do the following:

Go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer, go to printer properties, select the ports tab, select new port, click standard TCP/IP address, next, type in IP address, next, finish.

Make sure printer is online by right clicking the printer, see whats printing, click the printer button at the top of screen, make sure use printer offline isn't checked. If it is click it to uncheck it.

Test the printer.

Mac steps:

You can add the printer as a IP Protocal to see if it will work.
Go to the Apple, system preferences, printers and scanners, (some systems print and fax) click + button, then select the IP icon across the top, type in the printer's IP address, select jet direct below and then Apply.

Try and print.

I will be able to provide more detail when I get the results back from you.

What operating system are you using?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Were you able to access the Embedded Web Server?

Did the IP addresses match? (Windows)

Were you able to print?

Have a nice day! Smiley Happy
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.