Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5540 All-in-one
Cannot remove wrong printer from phone app. Cannot add the right printer to phone app.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jane6694

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer. I read that you are unable to remove the wrong printer from the phone app and cannot add the right printer to the phone app. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• May I know which app you are referring to? What's the name of that app?
  • Are you using Apple iOS or Android smart phone?
  • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

If you are using the HP AiO Printer Remote app, then this information should help:

• If your printer is already setup and connected to a wireless network, the app automatically selects your printer. If the app does not find your printer, you can select your printer manually:

Android devices: Tap Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app home screen to view available printers. If your printer is not listed, tap My printer is not listed, and then tap Help Search for a Network Printer.

Apple iOS devices: Tap Select a Different Printer on the app home screen, and then follow the on-screen prompts to find your printer.

• If you are setting up a new printer on a network, follow the on-screen prompts to set up your printer. If the app does not prompt you to set up your printer, add your printer manually:

Android devices: Tap Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app home screen to view available printers. Tap My printer is not listed, and then tap Help Set Up a New Printer.

Figure : Tapping Select a Different Printer

Tapping Select a Different Printer

• Apple iOS devices: Tap Add a New Printer on the app home screen.

Figure : Tapping Add a New Printer

Tapping Add a New Printer

Hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jane6694

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer. I read that you are unable to remove the wrong printer from the phone app and cannot add the right printer to the phone app. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• May I know which app you are referring to? What's the name of that app?
  • Are you using Apple iOS or Android smart phone?
  • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

If you are using the HP AiO Printer Remote app, then this information should help:

• If your printer is already setup and connected to a wireless network, the app automatically selects your printer. If the app does not find your printer, you can select your printer manually:

Android devices: Tap Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app home screen to view available printers. If your printer is not listed, tap My printer is not listed, and then tap Help Search for a Network Printer.

Apple iOS devices: Tap Select a Different Printer on the app home screen, and then follow the on-screen prompts to find your printer.

• If you are setting up a new printer on a network, follow the on-screen prompts to set up your printer. If the app does not prompt you to set up your printer, add your printer manually:

Android devices: Tap Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app home screen to view available printers. Tap My printer is not listed, and then tap Help Set Up a New Printer.

Figure : Tapping Select a Different Printer

Tapping Select a Different Printer

• Apple iOS devices: Tap Add a New Printer on the app home screen.

Figure : Tapping Add a New Printer

Tapping Add a New Printer

Hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.