Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3632
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Help! My HP Deskjet 3632 won't connect to my wireless network. The wireless light is blinking on the printer, and I have tried every step listed on the HP support page on the website. Anyone know anything else I can do? When I open HP install software it won't find the printer no matter what I do. 

The printer wasn't that expensive. Maybe I should just throw it out and get a new one. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @tbishop8, Welcome to HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips. 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

I understand that the printer is not getting connected to the network.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Are you trying to set the printer for the first time?

Are facing any issue in connecting other devices to your network?

Try the below steps to get the issue resolved.

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.

1. If you are using a wireless router, check your router’s documentation or support site to make sure it meets the following requirements:

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

• Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

2. Make sure your printer is not connected to a guest or host network, such as those networks found in schools, hotels, or home networks that allow guest logins. For more information see Can't Print on a Guest or Host Network.

3. Confirm that the printer is ready for the network setup.

• Wireless network connection: On the printer, open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on and enabled. Make sure the Wireless icon  light is either on and steady or blinking.

• Wired network connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port  and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

Figure : Connect the cable to the printer and to the router

Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and to the router
  4. On the Mac, click the network icon in the menu bar to view the network name and status of the connection.

• If the selected network is not yours (for instance, if you connected to a neighbor's or a guest network), you must reconnect to your own network to complete the printer setup.

• If the network signal strength is weak, move the computer and printer closer to the router, position the devices away from large metal objects such as bookcases, and move away from devices that emit radio signals such as microwaves and cordless phones.

• If the network status is not connected, confirm that your network is working correctly, then check the status again. Make sure a checkmark displays next to the network name.

5. Disconnect from any Virtual Private Networks (VPN) before installing the printer software.

6. Try installing the HP software again.

If the issue persists, click here for more troubleshooting.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up.

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, I followed all the steps and even used the temporary USB method but the printer will not connect to my wireless network. The printer is literally sitting beside my router so it wouldn't be an interference issue. I exhausted all my options and my patience. I setup a 3700 all in one without any issue so I am not sure what is going on here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.