Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I have not had any issues since I purchased my printer the first week of October 2017. I only use the direct wifi access option only. The printer is NOT connected to an outside wireless network. It is NOT connected to LAN, or VPN. I use is solely off of my Samsung cell and tablet with its direct wifi signal. Literally out of no where 3 days ago I tried to print and all of a sudden my tablet was telling me the prunter was not availible. I checked everything I can think of the past 3 days. The password is the same. But it won't accept it in the HP app when I enter it. I also recieved a connection message that said there was a problem with the ip address (I don't know the actually message) and I know nothing about where to even start troubleshooting in that department on my own. There have not been any error messages on the printer. It also was saying it was connected to my tablet 3 days ago when is issue first arose. Niw it doesn't even say that anymore. I'm sure this is some simple fix. I'm just not THAT tech inclined. Please let me know if there's any info I can provide. Someone asking me questions might provide better results since I don't know where to even begin if I attempted to do this on my own! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LittleCrive,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with printing using your phone. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the HP smart app?
  • Did you check by assigning a manual IP address to the primer?

For now, try these steps:

• Please perform all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2kzPi3x to troubleshoot issues connectivity on Android.
  • If the issue persists, then uninstall HP Smart app and reinstall it configure it on the wireless network via this link: http://hp.care/2kzPj7B and this should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. It will definitely fix the issue for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @LittleCrive,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with printing using your phone. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the HP smart app?
  • Did you check by assigning a manual IP address to the primer?

For now, try these steps:

• Please perform all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2kzPi3x to troubleshoot issues connectivity on Android.
  • If the issue persists, then uninstall HP Smart app and reinstall it configure it on the wireless network via this link: http://hp.care/2kzPj7B and this should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. It will definitely fix the issue for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
DavidSMP,

Thank you for your reply, and information. You were spot on. It took me 2 seconds to get it up and running properly again
After I powered off the printer, and my android devices. It was the Direct WiFi password that needed to be re-entered. Im not sure why it diconnected, and required the password again. It would be nice if there was some way for the printer, or the hp smart app to advertise the request for the password in an error message of some sort. But either way, Im glad I got it squared away.

Ang
HP Recommended

Hi @LittleCrive,

I read the post. Great to know that the issue has been resolved with the steps followed to insert the password. It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and to share this platform with you. You've done remarkably well by displaying exceptional technical talent and a never say die spirit to get the issue resolved and Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed year ahead and stay healthy:)

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
DavidSMP,

I hope I can continue in this forum with another question. Which for you Im sure will be a simple fix. Before this current issue I've had, my Galaxy Tab s3 9.7 (the new 2017 model) automatically connected to the printer without me having to do anything. But now Im having to disconnect it from Direct WiFi, restablish the connection and enter the password everytime. Now, I want to be clear that this is not the standard wifi connection to the printer through the basic connection settings. This is the actual Direct WiFi connection option in the settings (on my tablet) I THINK Im still experiencing some connection issues because, before I believe my devices were not only connected through the Direct WiFi option, but through the basic wifi settings as well. And again, I'd like to remind you, this is solely through Dotect wifi only, there is no internet connection to the printer (or my tablet, I dont have a wireless data plan on my tablet. If I need internet access on my tablet, I use the hot spot from my Galaxy s8) I dont feel like I am explaining this correctly... I hope you understand what Im trying to say!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.